Dear EBSCOhost Customer,
We are very pleased to announce plans to introduce several significant product enhancements in the beginning of 2006, each designed to increase the efficiency and productivity of EBSCOhost researchers around the world.
Here are the key features, which are presented in detail in our Upcoming Releases Information Table on our Customer Support & Training web site.
* Visual Search delivers a graphically-rich, extremely efficient visual searching alternative, available in addition to EBSCO's popular Basic and Advanced Searching modes.
* EBSCOhost Clustering displays links of search results sorted by subject, in addition to regular Result List article links. The links provide users with instant access to just those articles concerning particular subjects.
* Database Selection from the Basic and Advanced Search Screens is available using a drop-down list of the databases in the profile being searched, eliminating the need to return to the Choose Databases screen to select a different database.
* Database Groupings by Subject can be presented in the database drop-down list, if opted by the library administrator, to offer users groupings of databases sorted by popular subjects, such as technology, business, medical science, psychology or education.
* Printing, Emailing and Saving in Standard Industry formats allows researchers interested in citing articles using specific industry formats to choose from the following: AMA, APA, Chicago/Turabian: Humanities, Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date, Modern Language Association or Vancouver/ICMJE.
* RSS enabled Alerts allow librarians and users to feed results from EBSCOhost Search and Journal Alerts into their news readers and aggregators, as well as their web sites.
* The Option to Display, Save or Email EBSCOhost Records in MARC format feature, if enabled in EBSCOadmin, gives EBSCOhost users the option to manage delivery of search results using the MARC format.
* Context-specific Help is instantly available when users click on question mark icons.
* A Personalization Activity Report will be available for Administrators interested in statistics related to Personalized Accounts, including total numbers of Search Alerts, Journal Alerts and Personalized Accounts.
* The EBSCOhost Result List Default Sorting Option gives library administrators the choice to set a relevancy default sort for All Results on the Result List, in EBSCOadmin.
* The ability to control the Display of the Suggest Subject Terms feature at the database level, in EBSCOadmin, gives library administrators increased flexibility and control over the presentation of databases that support this popular feature. More information on features