Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry
This one is a true classic. Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry is in its seventh edition, the benchmark reference in chemistry and chemical and life-science engineering.
.... detailing the science and technology in all areas of industrial chemistry. Subject areas include: inorganic and organic chemicals, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, polymers and plastics, metals and alloys, biotechnology and biotechnological products, food chemistry, process engineering and unit operations, analytical methods, environmental protection, etc.
Handbook of Statistical Genetics
Patty's Industrial Hygiene includes:
- Recognition and Evaluation of Chemical Agents
- Recognition and Evaluation of Physical Agents, Biohazards, Engineering Control, and Personal Protection
- Legal, Regulatory, and Management Issues
- Specialized Topics and Allied Professions
Patty's Toxicology includes:
- Introduction to the field of Toxicology
- Metal Compounds
- Organic Halogenated Hydrocarbons and Organic Nitrogen Compounds
- Organic Halogenated Hydricarbons and Aliphatic Carboxylic Acid Compounds
- Ketones, Alcohols, and Ester Compounds
- Epoxy, Glycol Ethers, and Synthetic Polymer Compounds
- Specialized Topics in Toxicological Assessment
Comprising 36 comprehensive articles written and edited by leading international experts in the field, each article is complemented by examples, case studies and dynamic linking to useful resources on the Internet.
The work covers the following areas:
SEQUENCE, STRUCTURE AND EXPRESSION
ANIMAL AND PLANT BREEDING
Mouse Models of Human Cancer
Mice have become the species of choice for modeling the complex interactions between tumor cells and the host environment. Mouse genetics are easily manipulated, and a growing array of technology exists for this purpose. Mouse models allow investigators to better understand causal relationships between specific genetic alterations and tumors, utilize new imaging techniques, and test novel therapies. Recent developments along these lines show great promise for the development of new anti-cancer treatments.
From mouse handling and genetic engineering to preclinical trials, Mouse Models of Human Cancer is a comprehensive guide to using these models and relating them to human disease. Its uniform presentation describes organ-specific models in clinical, imaging, and molecular terms, and lays out the relevant genetics, experimental approaches, histological comparisons with human disease, and conclusions.
Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences
This second edition collects the entire original edition, plus supplements and updates in one searchable, continuous online product.
Encyclopedia of Cell Technology
- Three important tasks are accomplished in this second edition: (1) description of new topics in the statistical literature; (2) detailing of methods and applications that have gained prominence since the first edition; and (3) repositioning of gaps in coverage provided by previous volumes.
- In addition to the main selections, which feature fascinating discussions of developments in various branches of the statistical sciences, users will find a series of shorter entries ranging from the lives of pioneers in statistics, updates of popularly-held methodologies, and reviews of statistical agencies and journals.
- The series is viewed as the cutting-edge reference of choice for those working in statistics, probability theory, biostatistics, quality control, and economics with emphasis in applications of statistical methods in sociology, engineering, computer science, biomedicine, psychology, survey methodology, and a host of other client disciplines.
Over 100 clear and concise articles provide comprehensive treatments of critical issues facing the fields of animal and plant cell technology. Coverage includes ethical and regulatory issues; the basic science of cells and cell culture; techniques and equipment used in growing cultures and harvesting product; product development and classification; licensing and patenting, as well as the history of cell technology.Handbook of Plant Biotechnology
The Handbook provides extensive coverage of the field including articles on plant genetic modification; applications of plant biotechnology to crop improvement in agriculture, production systems for pharmaceutical proteins, ethics and safety issues, public perception and public relations; scale-up, and testing and legislation.